Students will choose a particular phenomenon of interest which covers a great deal of the requirements of the Coloardo Academic Standards and the Next Generation Science Standards.
High school Physical Science covers both Chemistry and Physics.
- Newton’s laws of motion and gravitation describe the relationships among forces acting on and between objects, their masses, and changes in their motion – but have limitations.
- Matter has definite structure that determines characteristic physical and chemical properties
- Matter can change form through chemical or nuclear reactions abiding by the laws of conservation of mass and energy
- Atoms bond in different ways to form molecules and compounds that have definite properties
- Energy exists in many forms such as mechanical, chemical, electrical, radiant, thermal, and nuclear, that can be quantified and experimentally determined
- When energy changes form, it is neither created not destroyed; however, because some is necessarily lost as heat, the amount of energy available to do work decreases